PEER Academy believes that every child is entitled to a learning environment which will promote them reaching their full potential.
PEER Academy will be one of the first schools in our region to offer a comprehensive and therapeutic program to students with Autism and other developmental disabilities.
PEER Academy aims to provide students with a customized academic plan, integrating research based strategies into everyday learning tasks. These plans will be designed to meet the unique learning profiles of our students. Our students are very capable of learning, but the approach must be much more personalized than that of public schools. Our focus will be on intense language intervention as well as academic and social skills.
PEER Academy will offer our students the following:
- Low teacher-student ratio
- One-on-one sessions
- Highly specialized teachers and aides
- Use of visual aids and schedules
- Increased rate of repetition to master skills
- Employ sensory integration techniques to ensure the best possible learning environment
PEER Academy is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. At this time, we are accepting students. We want to start very small to best serve our students. At this time, we will be limited to 10 students. As we grow, we will be able to accept more students.
Steps for Admission:
1. Parent(s) must complete the application and submit by email or mail. Please include a copy of a current IEP if applicable, any OT, Speech, ABA or Physical therapy evaluations, etc. Also any paperwork where your child was diagnosed.
Please return application and any paperwork to:
P.O Box 22448
Knoxville, TN 37933
2. Parent(s) must set up an appointment to meet with the Directors and staff members. Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 277-6697 to request an appointment.
3. PEER Academy will review each application and, if appropriate, invite you and your child to come in and meet our staff, teachers and aides. Your child will participate in an interactive social situation that will allow the teacher and therapist to identify areas of need and observe his or her unique learning style.
After the admission process is completed, students are admitted on a combination of the application, interview and assessments. We want to make sure PEER Academy can provide the correct environment for each child.